Collection of Information. The Company collects and processes the following information about you:
- information, such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence, that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Service, upload or submit any material through the Site (“Content”), or request any information;
- your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Service;
- communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the Service or its content;
- information that you post to the Site in the form of comments, contributions to discussions and/or blog posts; and
- IP addresses.
Uses of Your Personal Information. The Company will use the personal information you may provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account and/or visit the Site;
- to provide you with the Services;
- send you information;
- administer your account;
- contact you regarding any question or request you may make through the Service;
- analyze and improve our Services;
- acknowledge donations by Donors and manage Campaigns; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
Users receive the email addresses, physical addresses and other information provided by Donors upon making a donation to a Campaign on the Site.
Neither PEAKS nor Users ever receives Donor credit card information. All credit card information and credit card processing is performed by Paypal or other permitted third-party service providers.
The Company does not provide any user information to Donors. In the future we may provide information about Users to Donors that is otherwise available to the public through the Site.
Email. We will send you email relating to your Campaigns, Campaigns for which you have registered as a User, and/or donations you have made to a Campaign(s). You may also receive certain email notifications for which you may opt-out. We may send you service-related announcements on occasion when it is necessary to do so.
Web browsers may automatically accept cookies. You can change your browser to prevent cookies or to notify you and allow you to accept or reject each cookie. By blocking or deleting cookies from the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services.
Voluntary Disclosure. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through any public venue.
PEAKS reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use PEAKS on their own, and so this Policy makes no provision for their use of the Services.
Questions. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.
Updated: June 26, 2013